2.2.12

He's So Hot Right Now!


After his win - pic. from The Sport Review.
“I think it’s probably the longest final in the history of all Grand Slams, and just to hear that fact is making me cry, really.
“I’m very proud just to be part of this history, part of the elite of the players that have won this tournament several times. - Novak Djokovic

I know it's old news by now, but I have not been able to blog about it until today. . .  
So, 
CONGRATULATIONS Novak Djokovic on winning your third Australian Open!



You sure had every Serbian on the edge of their seats. For nearly six straight hours, I am certain that everyone was glued to their television - praying anxiously, offering coaching tips, taking shots of rakija, exchanging hugs and high fives, screaming and refusing to miss even a second of the match. One of my best friends (who rarely drinks) said that she had to open a bottle of wine simply to calm her nerves. 
There is a renewed sense of joy and anticipation that fills the air after his big win.
He's only 24, and he is hope for an entire country.

His father was a professional skier who had high hopes that his Novak would follow in his footsteps. It is lucky for Serbia that Djokovic' father recognized his son's talent in tennis and he encouraged him to pursue his passion. 

Passion.
Drive.
Determination.
He does not give up.
For a nation with such a painful history, he is somewhat of a god-send.  
Maybe Djokovic reminds Serbia that they can overcome the obstacles. . . 
and, that hard work always pays off in the long run. 



1 comment:

  1. I was so happy when Djokovic won! I think I stayed happy for the whole week. It was a really long match, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message and like our little journal/blog! If you have specific questions, please email us at chrisandlana@gmail.com

Do you have a blog too? Tell us about it in your comment, and thanks for stopping by!

The McCoys