What a year 2012 has been!
Before heading home for the holidays, we decided to check out as many of the neighboring Christmas markets as possible, and the first festive stop on our agenda - Paris. We spent Thanksgiving weekend in "The City of Light," and below are a few pictures and details of the two markets that were open in late November.
|Looking from the Louvre towards the Christmas market on Avenue des Champs-Elysees|
- Open: November 16th, 2012 - January 6th, 2013
- Location: Avenue des Champs-Elysees to the Place de la Concorde
- Closest Metro Stop: Champs Elysees-Clemenceau or Concorde.
|The Christmas ferris wheel entering the Christmas Market on Avenue des Champs-Elysees - Paris.|
|Looking at the Christmas market with the Arc de Triomphe in the back ground.|
|No Christmas market visit is complete without a cup (or two) of vin chaud.|
|Christmas card picture idea? My husband was not interested at all!|
- Open: November 21st - December 29th, 2012
- Location: Parvis de la Defense (in the shadow of the Grande Arche)
- Closest Metro/RER Stop: La Defense.
|As soon as you leave the La Defense metro station, this is what you see of the Christmas market - Paris.|
|This is how my husband stays warm - The La Defense Christmas market - Paris|
|Chris - so happy to get his sausage at the La Defense Christmas market in Paris.|
|This was new for me at a Christmas market - melted cheese to add to the sausages. yummy!|